|December 15, 2014 - March 18, 2015|
|Salary Range:||compensation based on experience plus potential bonus|
|Benefits:||medical, dental and vision |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Finlay Management is an Accredited Management Organization (AMO®), multifamily property management company. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor at a property in Jacksonville, Fl.|
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the community at all times. This involves ensuring a safe and secure living environment for residents, visitors and staff. It is the Maintenance Supervisor’s duty to anticipate, identify and correct any and all problems involving the property and to implement procedures that will prevent such problems.
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.|
o Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing laws, etc.
o Resident Service
• Performs maintenance tasks personally or delegates to maintenance staff. Oversees and occasionally inspects work performed by the maintenance team. Documents inventory used for maintenance tasks.
• Manages a system for prioritizing/handling resident service requests and preventative maintenance. Corrects any maintenance situations within 24 hours when possible.
• Schedules maintenance staff to be available for emergency purposes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
o Preventive Maintenance/Safety
• Conducts monthly scheduled safety meetings with the entire property staff (including leasing office); maintains and communicates HAZCOM standards. Uses FMI Policy and Procedure manual for training. Provides attendance rosters to the Facility Director each month.
• Keeps MSDS sheets current and readily accessible. Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws, EPA and OSHA regulations governing property storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
• Maintains constant awareness of the condition of physical property throughout the community and immediately corrects unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights, etc.
• Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains all tools in safe condition.
• Provides new maintenance employee orientation training.
• Provides employee training as needed of all subordinate maintenance staff. Instills a "safety first" attitude not only with maintenance technicians but with all staff.
• Instructs staff on proper use and guidelines for using personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Performs daily safety inspections of the property and the maintenance shop.
• Performs scheduled maintenance of all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendation and operating manuals.
• Maintains accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
• Orders and maintains maintenance supplies.
• Maintains EPA required Freon log, MSDS log, Pool log, Capital Inventory Log and other logbooks as required by property manager.
• Maintains organization of maintenance shop.
• Coordinates pool maintenance to include cleaning and compliance with FMI standards.
• Maintains on-call report and log of service calls.
• Position leads the on site maintenance staff in diagnosis of problems, and repairs in areas such as but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, painting, pool, carpentry, dry walling, appliances, carpet cleaning and exterior structure.
• Schedules daily maintenance assignments with staff and vendors and monitors the progress to ensure that all expectations are met.
• Monitors inventory of supplies and orders supplies as needed in accordance with budget and Property Manger approval.
• Identifies all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts and prepares maps indicating same.
• Ensures that all areas of the property are neat, clean and safe in accordance with companies policies and procedures. Position has on call and snow removal responsibilities
• Any additional duties as assigned
o Directly supervises 1 to 6 non-supervisory employees who comprise the Maintenance staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the staff.
o Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees’ addressing complaints and resolving problems.
|Qualifications:||Education and Experience: |
o 5 years experience in property maintenance or equivalent field and 2 years of supervisory experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
o CAMT (PMC license – Duval County) preferred
o EPA Certification
o HVAC license
o Certified Pool Operator (CPO)
o Valid Driver’s License and insurance are required with reliable transportation.
Other Skills and Abilities:
o Knowledge of electrical systems, appliances, plumbing, carpentry, pool systems, drywall repair, painting and HVAC.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.